As an alternative to a dedicated subscription, Autodesk Flex offers occasional users a new, cost-effective way to access top Autodesk products for a daily pay-as-you-go rate.
Is Autodesk Flex right for your business?
Here are a few questions to help you decide:
- Do you have users that only use certain products for seven days or less per month?
- Are you spending money on a dedicated subscription for infrequent users?
- Do you find it challenging to add new users or subscriptions to fast-moving projects?
- Do certain users need specific tools for different stages in your design process?
- Are you hesitant to try specialized tools for different project stages because of cost?
Autodesk Flex will help you optimize usage costs, try out new products to expand your toolset, and gain insights and controls that help manage occasional users alongside subscriptions.
How does Flex work?
- Buy Flex tokens.
- Assign an unlimited number of users to all Flex-applicable products or pick and choose which products they get.
- Instruct assigned users to access their products whenever they need them, and the corresponding daily rate will be deducted from your token balance. Remind users to close products when they’re done to avoid being charged for an additional day.
- Access and analyze token usage reporting for better visibility in monitoring your spending.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which products can I use Flex with?
See a list of applicable software and services.
- Will daily token rates change?
Daily token rates vary by product, aligning with subscription pricing. Autodesk will notify customers ahead of time if the daily rate changes.
- Do tokens expire?
Yes, but users have 365 days to use them before that happens. Older tokens will be used first (first in, first out).
- How many tokens can I purchase?
You can purchase any quantity of pre-determined pack sizes at any time. Contact us to request larger pack sizes.
- How do I know how many tokens I will need?
You can use Autodesk's token estimator tool to estimate how many tokens you need based on your usage reporting.
- What happens if I run out of tokens for my team?
Admins will receive an email and a message in Autodesk Account notifying them of low balances and insufficient tokens. Admins can then purchase tokens immediately.